Absolutely. Positively. Amazing. Things happen for reasons we do not even begin to understand. In August of 2013 I left a position with a great company for the opportunity to make more money and the grow my career. That did not last long. To put it blunt the company leader lied. They wanted change and in the end chose not to accept it. That is fine. I will not hold a grudge s I learned from that experience. After 18 weeks of being unemployed I was handed several offers and had the luxury to pick the one I felt was best for my family and myself. Ultimately I pray I made the right decision, but for now only time will tell.
During this time money was tight and I ended up selling my website. I had neglected it and even when I was righting I could not fully focus on it. Hezekiah decided he would like to give it a whirl so we made a deal. Thankfully he is going to be kind enough to allow me to guest post every so often, but otherwise he will enlighten you. He is a bit different than I am, but he is honest sometimes to the point it can be insulting.
Anyway I just wanted to let all those who read here know that I have obtained steady employment even in these tough economic times. If you are looking for work I say stay true to who you are. Have faith. Be patient. Trust God. Unlike what some may think you do not need to turn to the government or Obama. The government is not your daddy and Obama is not the Messiah. They are both failing excuses for what they are.
Take care all and we will see you in the blog papers.
Today was not something to write home about, but I will write on the blog. I had a call last week about what was thought to be a possible job opportunity (but was not directly specified). I agreed to come by today and talk with them. It only cost me time, fuel, etc. so I felt it was worth it. After speaking with them I found out they were not able to help me right now, but possibly later and it did sound a little hopeful. I am going to have to be a bit pessimistic about it so I am not holding my breath.
Following that meeting I went to get (find) my son’s Christmas gift. No I was not willing to wait till black Friday and it would not make any difference as this is not put on sale…ever. The store was late opening and when I called them they were not exactly sure when they would as they were dealing with a recent break in. The owner and I spoke for a few moments over the phone until he agreed to open up so we could just discuss the options. Problems came about as they did not have hat I was looking for and their distributors were out as well. He is going to check with his representative, but I will need to either look elsewhere or change what I planned to get him.
So as I get ready to close out this day (and obviously this post) I am a one more day unemployed. Still without the Christmas gift. As a reminder please share the posts on the site and if you know of any openings for employment pass them on.
Time keeps marching on. It has been a month since I was laid off. Day after day of searching for employment can be a tedious task. The job market is competitive and that makes it all the more necessary to separate oneself from the crowd. The problem I am finding is that there a lot of diversity in the crowd and separating is a major challenge. To make things worse companies can afford to be very selective.
As I travel this road I am looking to see what options are available. While it would be nice to use my degree it would be even better to have a decent paying job. As such I am looking outside my field (or rather in areas that can be a close transition. Even though I am doing this I am still having difficulty in finding that elusive new job.
On a positive note I am getting caught up on things that need to be done around the house though that is going very slow. I am learning who out there in my network is willing to assist in at least getting me information. There is a saying you know who cares when things start to get tough.
Tomorrow I get to go talk to a young lady about a possible opportunity. I am not really sure what to make of this though. Other than the company is legitimate I am not even sure what the position is or how serious the possibility is. Either way I know that there are those out there who are concerned and are praying for me as I go through this. I also know that God has a plan even if I do not know what it is. In the mean time if anyone knows of employment opportunities please let me know.
This is fairly boring. I am learning a great deal about things sitting at home. I have yet to figure out what people see in staying home all day. Maybe someone out there in the vast internet world there is an answer to this question. I think I can sum what I have learned up in to 5 points
1) The monetary reward for working is far outweighed by the other rewards. It does not matter if you work alone or with others. The reward comes from the feeling of accomplishment. Every time you work and finish a task if you look back on it you have done something productive. this comes from cleaning up a bathroom, to making a hamburger, or to closing a very lucrative deal for the business. When the task is completed there is a great feeling that over time becomes unnoticed. So my recommendation— Look at the task completed no matter how small and bask in the knowledge that some people will benefit from what you have done.
2) Time is very fleeting and needs to be managed well. We always hear someone say there is not enough time in the day to complete everything. Well there is enough time to complete all the tasks that needs to be done (usually) if we manage our time wisely. Lists our priorities on what has to be done. then at the end of the day lists what all was done. This ca be very eyeopening in what has happened with our time
3) A family’s support is needed in all our tasks. My recent bout with unemployment has brought about a great deal of support from my family. Knowing that what happened was an act of injustice may have helped, but either way my family has been supportive of the situation. In the family I also include what is typically considered friends. Be thankful for these people and use them. If they are willing to support and help then they should be counted as part of your treasures in life.
4) Not all who you should trust should be trusted. We all know that we should not freely give our trust, but some to whom we think we should trust should we trust. Yes I know that one is wordy. By this I mean that there are those out there who intend to harm us because they are either afraid of potential change or just out right dishonest. A person who professes to be honest should be watched carefully.
5) Go against your comfort zone. Okay a few weeks ago I meet a guy and we have had several good talks about many different subjects. while he and I do not know each other very well we get along well. When I became unemployed it was recommended to see if he knew who I should speak with at a place I was attempting to get on with. I did and he has stepped up to try and help. It does not matter if I get on with this organization or not. The fact that he has stepped up has shown me that going against my naturally introverted comfort zone can have its own rewards.
Well there are many other things that I have learned but this is just a list of the most important ones. I still find it amazing that there are people who can work and do not want to and do not even really try to find work. If nothing else start your own business if you do not want to work for someone else. In the meantime I guess I need to get to work continence to try and find work. If anyone knows of some honest work let me know.
With the ongoing government shutdown many are wondering what will happen to them, their jobs, benefits, etc. Those that are not worried are the ones that should be worried the most if our society had any sense. Look at the social media and traditional news outlets just to get a taste of how ignorant our society has become.
There are those who scream and shout it is the Republicans who are at fault. They claim that Obamacare is the law of the land and it should just be accepted and moved on They claim that Obama is a great President and leader and that those oppose him are not doing so because of his views, but because of his race. That those that oppose the democrats in congress do so only because the democrats support Obama.
Then there are those that scream and shout it is the democrats fault (including Obama). They say they they want to negotiate with democrats on the debt as required by the Constitution, but the democrats refuse to do what is required.
As I listen to both side I understand that at the rate we are going we are going to get to a destination no one wants to get to. I firmly believe that most Americans want a strong stable government that does what it is suppose to do without interfering to much in our individual lives. The conflict here is what is it suppose to do and how much is to much interference. This is where we should debate, but as long as government is fighting among itself it is doing nothing more than becoming a self devouring parasite.
Congress is so busy trying to see which side will blink first and it sends out feelers to see what type of reaction they will get if they make one move or the other. While this takes place Obama goes out attacking the Republicans because they will not do what he wants them to do. He (or one of his underlings) has instructed the different derives and administrations to make life miserable for American s so that the shutdown will end quickly. The National Park Service has barricade unmanned areas and areas where there is no reasonable way that damage could be done in order to make a place inaccessible. Most have seen the news of this action.
The Social Security Administration has publicly blamed congress for the problems instead of Congress and the President. If we were to be honest we would have to say that both Congress and the President are at fault and we as the American people. We let them lead us and do for us. Then when things go wrong and they point fingers at the other side we let them get away with it. I dare say we as the American people are more to blame than the immature petty individuals that represent us. In our individuals homes we would not dare let children make the decisions that have to be made, but we let them make the choices for our government.
To the democrats out there what good does it come from blindly supporting your side? If you are honest you will admit that Obama is not that good of a President. The congressional leaders on your side are not that good of leaders. Yet you continually support them and attack the Republicans. You fail to demand changes in your own party or to hold them accountable.
To the Republicans out there , Your congressional leaders are really no better than the Democrats. They fail constantly and make choices that if they were in the private sector would get them fired. Yet you continually support them without holding them accountable.
I believe that the reason behind this is because of apathy. We send men and women to die in wars, conflicts, and various other events around the world. We send money to support foreign dictators, terrorists murders, thieves, and corrupt politicians. Yet we as American sit back and let the two sides fight out their differences, taking sides like fans in a boxing match.
If we do not stand up and demand better of our fellow Americans and of our elected officials we are doomed to continue this dangerous path we are on. This path will end we have to make sure that when it does we will survive.